KKS® HARDENER LP is premixed transparent water-based liquid to help the curing process, increase the hardness and to polish the concrete and other cement substrates.
• Keep water from quick releasing on the concrete surface thereby reducing cross-foot and heat shrinkage cracking.
• Increase the strength of concrete to withstand impact.
• Resistant to chemicals such as alkali, salt, grease, most organic acids and surface contaminants.
• Penetrates deeply into concrete neutralizing the alkaline and minerals salts, reduces the calcification and increases the adhesion to subsequent coatings such as paint, filler, etc.
• Solvent free, colorless and odorless
• Environmentally friendly.
Any cementitious based substrates include but not limited to: concrete, terrazzo, heavyweight concrete block, plaster, stucco or mortar...
• Ware-house and basement floor
• Engineering workshops
• Parking areas.
• Garage, service station, etc.
All dust, dirt, loose and friable material must be completely removed from all surfaces before application of the product, preferably by brush and/or vacuum
Approximately 0.1 - 0.2 L/m2. This figure can vary depending on the temperature and porosity of the concrete.
The construction steps on old/hardened concrete and new poured concrete are the same. The only difference is the application’s time, specifically as follows:
Hardened/old Concrete: Apply anytime.
Fresh Concrete: Can be applied after the surface is dry and firm enough to walk on.
Tools: Low-pressure sprayer with large volume to ensure the continuous construction.
• Step 1: Use spray tools to wet the entire surface with KKS® HARDENER LP, then let the product interact with the substrate for at least 30 minutes.
• Step 2: After 30 - 45 minutes, the product begins to gel and becomes slippery so the penetration in the surface will slow down. Therefore, spray some amount of fresh water (or a new layer of material if the hardened floor is porous or rugged) enough to lightly wet it again.
• Step 3: After 20 - 30 minutes, rinse the floor and remove any excess material using a squeegee, wet vacuum or mop.
APPLICATION CONDITIONS / LIMITATIONS
Do not apply at temperatures lower than 5oC and higher than 35oC
Drying Time: 1-3 hours. The surface can be used as soon as the application is complete and the surface is dry to the touch.
Number of Applications Required: Typically, only one application is required. An additional application may be required on porous substrates to achieve maximum performance.
Time requirement for completely hardening: 90 days.
Glossiness: Within 6-12 months after construction, the concrete surface has natural luster. This burnish is caused by the hardening and sealing effects as well as the natural action of foot traffic, cleaning and everyday use of the floor. The burnish is a permanent part of the concrete surface and will last the lifetime of the surface with proper maintenance.
In the case of quick polishing, use a grinder and use a polishing disc after completing 24 hours. Please contact KKS Technical department for advise and provide the polishing process.
Painting or other covering preparation:
• Hardened concrete: 3-7 days after application.
• Fresh concrete: After 30 days to ensure the well-maintained concrete
Floors: Wash or wet mop with neutral or high pH detergent. Detergents must not contain caustic soda, sulfates or hydroxides. Acids and acidic cleaners will dull the surface sheen and/or etch the surface.
Walls: Flush with fresh water.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use.
PRODUCT AND TECHNICAL DATA
Mixture of Modified Silicate based in water
25 liters/pail or 200 liters/drum
≈ 1.20 kg/l (at 20oC)
(Taber Abraser,H-22 Wheels,1000g/1000 cycles)
30% increase with cement C25 (ASTM D-4060)
Up to 60% greater moisture retention during the first 24-hour of curing process as compared to untreated samples.
STORAGE / SHELF LIFE
KKS® HARDENER LP must be stored in a dry, covered place. Under unopened and undamaged packaging condition, this product is available for 24 months.
KKS® HARDENER LP is alkaline can cause irritation to the skin, eyes and skin allergies. Eyes, skin and respirator protection should be worn out. In the event of contamination wash thoroughly with water. If the eyes or mouth are affected wash with clean water and obtain medical attention immediately. The product is not dangerous when transported, non-toxic, non-flammable. Waste disposal has to follow local law. For details information please consult the latest Product Safety Datasheet.